WARD 4 MUTUAL AID WILL BE CLOSED FROM NOVEMBER 22 – DECEMBER 1.
SEE BELOW FOR RESOURCES AVAILABLE DURING OUR BREAK
We are a group of people who live in or near Ward 4 in Washington, DC who are helping one another address needs during the global COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Neighbors living in Ward 4 may call our helpline at 202-681-3098 to request a grocery delivery, or come to our location and pick up groceries and supplies. Mutual Aid has a supply center run by neighbors who put together care packages containing food, cleaning supplies, and hygiene products, all provided through donations and with the assistance of community partners Capital Area Food Bank, DC Central Kitchen and Bread for the City.
Distribution is on Wednesday from 5 – 7pm and Saturday from noon to 2pm at the Brightwood Park United Methodist Church, 744 Jefferson St. NW, Washington, DC.
Deliveries also happen on Wednesdays and Saturdays for those who have called or texted the helpline.
Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks – many can be done from home, and all in-person contact follows CDC and DC government COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Cash: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/ward-4-mutual-aid
- Target: tgt.gifts/ward4mutualaid
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2F5B8SZDD6M6N?ref_=wl_share
For more information:
Text or call: (202) 681-3098
Se habla Español
See below for other Ward helpline numbers
Want to volunteer?
We’ve had an incredible response so far, and are doing everything we can to respond to everyone who wants to volunteer.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed individuals can change the world. In fact, it’s the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Meade
Other Ward Helplines
- Ward 1 (except Mt. Pleasant): (202) 681-9183; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 1/Mt. Pleasant: (202) 573-7548; email@example.com
- Ward 2: (202) 688-5812; firstname.lastname@example.org; bit.ly/W2MutualAid
- Ward 3: email@example.com
- Ward 4: (202) 681-3098
- Ward 5: (202) 643-7030; firstname.lastname@example.org; bit.ly/dcmutualaidward5
- Ward 5/Brookland: email@example.com
- Ward 6: (202) 683-9962; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wards 7 & 8: (202) 630-0336
AN EXCELLENT LIST OF OTHER COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Can you Donate?
We are always in need of cash donations, and also have curated shopping lists at Amazon and Target to make it easy for people to support their community. See below for more info about how your donations support our neighbors
Every week, more than 200 families — an average of 800 individuals — receive donated food and supplies.
We have no ongoing funding support from the city, big business, or foundations to meet these needs. To sustain the important work we do, we rely on neighbors like you!
Start where you are.
Use what you have.
Do what you can.