ALL DC MUTUAL AID
DC-wide mutual aid group on Facebook / Grupo de Ayuda Mutua para todo DC en Facebook:
- Ward 1 (except Mt. Pleasant): (202) 681-9183; firstname.lastname@example.org; twitter.com/DCW1MutualAid; instagram.com/dcw1mutualaid
- Ward 1/Mt. Pleasant: (202) 573-7548; email@example.com
- Ward 2: (202) 688-5812; firstname.lastname@example.org; bit.ly/W2MutualAid; twitter.com/ward2mutualaid
- Ward 3: (202) 556-1315 email@example.com
- Ward 5: (202) 643-7030; firstname.lastname@example.org; bit.ly/dcmutualaidward5; instagram.com/ward5mutualaid/
- Ward 5/Brookland: email@example.com
- Ward 6: (202) 683-9962; firstname.lastname@example.org; twitter.com/ServeYourCityDC; instagram.com/serveyourcity
- Wards 7 & 8: (202) 630-0336
- Map of DC Wards (Mapa de Zonas en DC)
Help with rent
No one may be evicted during the public health emergency or within 60 days after the public health emergency has lifted. Learn more about your rights as a tenant. (አማርኛ | 中国人 | Français | 한국어 | Español | Tiếng Việt)
The COVID Housing Assistant Program (CHAP) is available for select DC residents who cannot pay rent because of the pandemic. Apply to the program here. La información en español está disponible aquí.
Guide to resources for food, healthcare, housing, childcare, mental health services, resources for undocumented communities, senior resources and more from DC Legal Aid — In English and Español
- Resources and support for children and families from the Children’s Law Center
- Resources for domestic violence survivors from Workplaces Respond
- How to apply for public benefits in DC from DC, including unemployment, pandemic unemployment assistance, food stamps, disability-related cash assistance, and more. In English and Español
- Help paying a water bill
- Help paying an electric bill
- Help with a gas bill
- DC government assistance with utility bills
- Advice about utilities and help with getting issues resolved
- Remora House DC
A collective providing supplies to unhoused residents Washington DC.
Remora House on Twitter | Remora House Linktree
- Kyanite Kitchen
Feeding and providing the DMV area with free community pantries, groceries, plant-based meals & more.
Kyanite on Twitter | Kyanite on Instagram
- Good Trouble Cooperative
Black liberation, community justice, mutual aid.
goodtroubleco-op.com; twitter.com/GoodTroubleCoop; linktr.ee/goodtroubleco.op; instagram.com/goodtroubleco.op
- prmipnkDC Ward 4 Unhoused Mutual Aid
Raising funds 4 unhoused neighbors
prmipnk short website | Twitter
A predominantly Black-led group of activists focused on change through organized actions while simultaneously advocating for abolition. Instagram | FFDC Twitter
- Until Freedom DC
Working towards freedom from oppression for all marginalized communities
Until Freedom Instagram | Until Freedom Twitter
Legal services and advice
- DC Bar Pro Bono Center Legal Helpline — An automated system available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Amharic, English, French, and Spanish: 202-626-3499.
- Consumer Law Resource Center — Help with debt collection, small claims, car repair disputes, and security deposit refunds. English flier and Spanish flier.
- Landlord-Tenant Legal Assistance Network — Free legal assistance to both unrepresented tenants and unrepresented small landlords who have residential housing disputes in DC.
- List of legal service providers in DC compiled by the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center.
- Landlord & Tenant Court — What to expect on your first day in an in-person hearing in Landlord & Tenant Court.
- Legal advice and referral clinics — The clinic provides individuals who do not have their own lawyer an opportunity to discuss with volunteer attorneys civil legal problems governed by D.C. law.
- Other legal resources, compiled by DC Legal Aid.